Seeing Past the Busyness!

>> Thursday, December 8, 2011

The busyness of the season has arrived. We are getting ready for Saturday's Christmas In Walnut project, preparing for the holiday services, going to concerts and programs and trying to get things ready for the family Christmas celebrations. It's a lot!
In the midst of it, I want to feel the calm and peacefulness of this holy season of Christ's birth. I know that my perspective makes all of the difference. If I'm calm and centered on the inside, then I can continue to see the beauty and opportunities of this special season of the year. If I let my heart get focused on the busyness, then I lose what I love about this season--its peace and joy and hope.
So, I'm saying quiet prayers and looking for the joyful opportunities in each event. I'm loving my grandkid's Christmas programs. I'm loving the concerts and parties we will attend. I'm loving seeing so many friends and family. I've decided that I will find the quiet peacefulness that is available to me during and between the events of this season.
I hope you can take time to find peaceful and quiet times to focus on the baby of Christmas.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 8, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

Thanks for hitting the 'reset' button on our perspective, Dave!

I have a feeling that many of us are similar in that if we are calm and centered on the inside then it makes all the difference in seeing the beauty on the outside.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP