Amazing Global Summit!

>> Saturday, August 7, 2010

Today is the first day of a weeklong vacation to the mountains of Alaska. One joke in our family is about how early I get up when I'm on vacation. So, 5:00 a.m. seems an appropriate time for my first morning.

Before I fly to Seattle, I had to write a few thoughts about the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit that Orchard Hill Church hosted for the first time these last two days. I had two primary concerns as our leadership chose to host the Summit. I was concerned we wouldn't be able to recruit enough people to attend and I was concerned that I would not be able to focus upon this event in the same ways as other years and God would not touch my soul as He has in the past.

A whisper from God that I heard during this year's Summit was "have faith." As a leader with the spiritual gifts of leadership, administration and encouragement, I often have to lean into someone else's gift of faith. I'm so glad that God's plan was for the church to be a spiritual community where we utilize the gifts of each other.

So, attendance was way beyond expectations with 350 people from 23 churches and several corporate teams. 200 people from Orchard attended. And I was touched by God more deeply than in past years. I was touched at the beginning of each session as I would look around and realize how many friends, teammates, and family members with whom I was getting to experience this event. And I was deeply touched when we sang together the song, "I have decided to follow Jesus!" I been singing (and meaning) that song for more than 50 years and I am resolved to follow him intensely to my last breath. I ask God to help me keep this on-going promise!

I'm blown away by what a fantastic staff team and Leadership Board God has given to Orchard Hill Church. This surfaces so clearly during challenging events like the Global Summit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP