God-Sightings Last Evening!

>> Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I visited Grundy Vacation Bible School at the Grundy fairgrounds last night. Jenn Vennega, our Children’s Ministry Staff person there, christened the building in which they meet “The Sauna.” It was hot and sweat was dripping from volunteers and kids alike.

But it was hot in more ways than temperature and humidity. The love between the kids and the volunteers was obvious. The message of Jesus was clear. The music and singing (and dancing) brought a smile to many faces. Something about the energy of 160 kids, 120 volunteers and 6 churches doing ministry together was contagious.

I visited one of the sites and they were teaching kids about God-sightings. I was so touched by the simple yet profound truths that we were teaching the little ones. You can see evidence for God and you can see God at work if you look carefully for Him in your daily life.

Sometimes I need the same simple and profound truths that we teach our children. God is so at work.

I got in my office this morning and I opened my emails to pictures and stories from Orchard’s participation in the Walnut Neighborhood party last night. There were pictures of our church volunteers partnering with our mayor, our police and fire department along with neighborhood leaders. The entire event happened in the Harvest Vineyard parking lot. Great fun with a purpose!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP