Alaska Was Beautiful!

>> Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My wife, Linda, and I returned from Alaska on Monday morning. We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary by enjoying the incredible landscape of this "last frontier".

My overwhelming spiritual experience of this trip was that our amazing, creator God spoke all of this frontier into existence and then gave it to us to care for and enjoy. What a God. Each time I sat on our veranda and experienced the ocean and the mountains, the glaciers and the whales, I felt the presence of God and received His great love.

As many of you know, one of my pathways to connecting with God is nature. When I experience nature, I feel very close to God and I get a greater perspective of who I am. When I'm in nature I deeply understand Romans 1:20

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualitities--his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from wht has been made, so that men are without excuse."

When I see the mountains and glaciers I realize that God is immense, powerful, eternal....
When I see and hear the whales I realize that God is creative, inventive, loving....
When I see tiny wild flowers I realize God notices even the little things...
When I see the stars and the oceans I remember that we know so little and He is all wise!

I hope you have some time in nature soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP