Geared to the times, anchored to the rock!

>> Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dave Bartlett....a blogger. It’s hard to believe. I never thought I’d blog especially for a public setting like this home page. But as we’ve thought about the growth of Orchard Hill and the need to keep our vision crystal clear, it’s obvious, that along with other vision casting, I should try my hand at writing a blog.

One Bible verse that our staff has been focused upon since Easter is 2 Corinthians 4: 18—So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Youth for Christ, the first full-time ministry that I was a part of, had a tag line “geared to the times, anchored to the rock!” which meant that methods and strategies in ministry will continue to change but the message of the cross of Jesus Christ will never change.

Things do change! So lately, I’ve been communicating through face book and carrying an Ipad. My schedule can now be seen on google calendar. I take my calls on a cell phone. I’m managing projects on an app called “Things” and my “most looked at Bible” is an app called “Olive Tree.” Methods and strategies and tools will change. Even how we organize our church and how we worship together may change.

But the gospel of Jesus Christ does not change. Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!”

So, as one part of Christ’s church, let’s use all of the contemporary tools at our disposal, to share this “good news” with our family, friends and co-workers. Let’s not get stuck with certain ways of doing things, let’s keep changing. But let’s be clear. The message of the gospel of Christ has not and will not change.

What could be better than using brand new tools to share the truest life-changing message ever communicated?

1 comments:

Becky Bartlett July 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

I'm super excited you're joining the blogger world, Dave! I must say, when I first got an email from you that said "sent from his ipad" I about passed out from shock. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP